NDG Introduction to Linux I is a 70-hour course for aspiring Linux system administrators. Develop proficiency in performing maintenance tasks on the command line, installing and configuring a computer running Linux, and configuring basic networking, using real Linux virtual machines.
Upon completing the course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Develop a working knowledge of the Linux command line
- Content and practice covers: system architecture, Linux installation and package management, GNU and UNIX commands, devices, Linux file systems, and file system hierarchy standards
- Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online anytime
- Prepare for vendor-neutral Linux certifications LPI LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+
- Get immediate feedback on your knowledge through built-in quizzes and tests
- Get connected to the global Cisco Networking Academy community
The course contains these components:
- Using the Shell
- Getting Help
- Text Utilities
- Configuring the Shell
- File Manipulation
- File Globbing
- Finding Files
- Regular Expressions
- The vi Editor
- Standard Text Streams and Redirection
- Managing Processes
- Archive Commands
- File Permissions and Ownership
- File Systems Links
- Hardware Configuration
- The Boot Process
- Designing a Scheme
- Creating Partitions
- Mounting Filesystems
- Maintaining Integrity
- Fixing Filesystems
- Disk Quotas
- RPM Package Management
- Debian Software Management
- Managing Shared Libraries
- Lab Exercises
NDG Introduction to Linux I prepares you for careers in cloud computing, cybersecurity, information systems, networking, programming, software development, big data, and more. Career pathways include: technical support, network administrator, device support, device field engineer.
The course is delivered in 70 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held two times a week on three-hour sessions or one times a week on six-hour sessions.
LPIC-1: Linux Server Certification
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux Professional certification program. Exam 101 (1 of 2 required) validates your ability to perform maintenance tasks with the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux, and configure basic networking.
For more information on CISCO certifications you can visit: www.netacad.com/careers/certifications
For booking exams please visit our Testing Center.
|NDG Introduction to Linux I
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.