This course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. The ITIL® Framework is a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organizations world-wide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. Service Management is a set of specialized organizational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organization’s capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organization is merely a bundle of resources that by itself has relatively low intrinsic value for customers.
The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation course in IT Service Management is to obtain knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and to comprehend the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management.
The course covers the five core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those five core volumes are:
- Service Strategy: provides guidance on how to design, develop, and implement service management. It ensures that the overall business aims and strategy is supported by the IT organizations aims and strategy.
- Service Design: provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
- Service Transition: provides guidance on managing change along with risk and quality whilst ensuring IT Operations can manage those changes within the context of the ICT Infrastructure.
- Service Operation: provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It is also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle for carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimization of the services provided.
- Continual Service Improvement: looks at the Service Management Lifecycle. It identifies opportunities for improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness of the processes and optimization of the costs associated with service provision.
The course is intended for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. Furthermore, it aims to prepare students for the examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Diploma in IT Service Management.
The course is delivered in 30 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held two times a week on three-hour sessions or one times a week on six-hour sessions.
ITIL IT Service Management – Foundation Certificate
The ITIL® Foundation certificate is for candidates who want to learn about service management as a practice and gain an awareness of the key principles and models in the ITIL service lifecycle. The exam is aimed for anyone working in an IT service delivery, service management or service desk environment or where IT services are a core competency.
For booking exams please visit our Testing Center.
|ITIL Foundation in Service Management||198.00 €|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.