The Fundamentals of Java Programming Course is designed to provide participants with the basic knowledge and skills of Java Programming through practical exercises, lectures, demonstrations and examples. The Fundamentals of Java Programming course introduces delegates to programming using the Java language. It explains the concepts of programming using the Java technology stack and gives delegates a practical introduction to the Java landscape.
Upon completing the course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- The pillars of object orientation: Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism. IS-A and HAS-A relationship, method overriding and overloading, interface implementation, legal return types, constructors and compilers attitude towards them. Statics, and coupling and cohesion.
- Java assignment, relational, arithmetic, conditional and logical operators, instanceof operator.
- Flow Control, Exceptions and Assertions; Strings, I/O, Formatting and Parsing; Generics and Collections; Inner classes and Threads.
- Defining, instantiating, and starting Threads, describing thread states and transitions, thread priorities and important thread methods
The course contains these components:
- Overview of Java
- A Java Hello World Program
- Data Types
- Statements and Flow Control
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- The Java.lang Package
- Java Collections and Generics
- Java GUI Basics
- Additional Java Features
- Java Native Interface (JNI)
- XML Processing
- Design Patterns
- Working with IDE
The course is intended for students with some experience with Java. Exception to this can be programmers who have some real world experience with Object Oriented languages such as C++ or C# because of their similar syntax and structure. The candidate must have moderate understanding and reading skills in English language in order to pursue the course.
The course is delivered in 30 contact hours of training.
Classes are usually held two times a week on three-hour sessions or one times a week on six-hour sessions.
|Fundamentals of Java Programming||198.00 €|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.