The DevNet Associate course introduces the methodologies and tools of modern software development, applied to the IT and Network operations. It covers a 360 view of the domain including microservices, testing, containers and DevOps, as well as securely automating infrastructures with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Students completing this course, gain practical, relevant, hands-on lab experience, including programming in Python, using GIT and common data formats (JSON, XML and YAML), deploying applications as containers, using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and automating infrastructure using code. The course prepares students for entry-level software development and infrastructure automation jobs and prepares them for the DevNet Associate certification exam.
Gain practical, relevant, hands-on lab experience, including programming in Python, using GIT and common data formats (JSON, XML and YAML), deploying applications as containers, using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and automating infrastructure using code.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Use basic Python programming and Linux skills
- Implement a development environment using DevNet resources
- Use software development and design best practices
- Create a secure REST API
- Explain the processes and devices that support network connectivity
- Use current technologies to deploy and secure applications and data in a cloud environment
- Compare software testing and deployment methods in automation and simulation environments
- Compare Cisco platforms used for collaboration, infrastructure management, and automation
- Develop skills for entry-level software development and infrastructure automation jobs
- Prepare for DevNet Associate certification exam
The course contains these components:
- Course Introduction
- The DevNet Developer Environment
- Software Development and Design
- Understanding and Using APIs
- Network Fundamentals
- Application Deployment and Security
- Infrastructure and Automation
- Cisco Platforms and Development
The 70-hour instructor-led course includes:
- 8 Modules with 6 Videos, 23 Hands-on Labs and 5 Cisco Packet Tracer Activities,
- 8 Quizzes, 8 Module Exam, Practice Final Exam, Final Exam, Skills Based Assessment,
- Practice Exam for DEVASC Certification.
Classes are usually held one times a week on three-hour sessions.
Exams & Recommended Training
|Required Exam(s)||Recommended Training|
|200-901 DEVASC||Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC)|
- Coding skills, equivalent to PCAP: Programming Essentials in Python
- Fundamental skills of networking, equivalent to CCNA: Introduction to Networks
For more information on CISCO certifications you can visit: www.netacad.com/careers/certifications
For booking exams please visit our Testing Center.
|DevNet Associate||0.00 €|
For upcoming classes and schedules, please click here.